Friday, January 15, 2010

Rack Mountable Monitor What's The Best Way To Set Up A Local Server? A Rack- Mountable One Sounds Convenient, For Expandability?

What's the best way to set up a local server? A rack- mountable one sounds convenient, for expandability? - rack mountable monitor

Since I have a laptop as my main machine and some of my old iMac G5 can hold more than one hard disk, I try to build a small server for my house (office).

How much nicer, and it allows me more about this later, sounds attractive rack to expand, but overall the budget and more important. Well, the budget and stability. I use the external enclosure for year, and I'm pretty sick of it (always [] the connection, the problems with the cooling, etc., etc.) So, now I want a decent setup.

I want to install a simple lamp for a test environment (I am a web developer, a local server is very handy) and a file server for my data. I also wish that a backup server performance (s).

The ideal is to have a separate server for the test environment (LAMP) and the other for the file server, but it's just an idea. As you can see, do not require high performance (in fact, lower energy consumption, the better!), But should keep in a position toVeral terabytes worth of hard disk space (at least 2 TB, 4 TB, but in the [next] future is very likely).

What can you recommend that gives me a good solution is that a sustainable, not all that expensive energy and will not drain the entire neighborhood is it? Used no problem (with the exception of the hard drives of course).

Many, many thanks in advance!

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment